Sunday, January 31, 2010

Jen Doman-Flowers

Name:“Do Man” – Now Jen Gina Doman-Flowers

Class of 2000 I actually started the women’s team

Story – How women’s rugby came to UCSB...the second time!



I went to high school in Hong Kong and we only had rugby (for boys) and no football. My freshman year at FT, the security guys stopped me as I was wearing an ALL Blacks jersey. I was playing field hockey for UCSB at the time. Monagan and Shea took me under their wing and we started to have “mixers” with the field hockey team. I was quickly introduce to Noonan, Wren, Haig, etc. and over several ice cold beverages one night we decided we needed a women’s rugby team and only good looking women need apply. Our first practice, was Noonan with a 6 pack and 5 girls….

Favorite memory – Where to start
· Everything Erica did was priceless…
· My leaving to Taiwan and coming back to a swearing and DRINKING Brenda Baxter. What would Jesus do?
· Tia smashing people in the game, then putting on mascara at half time
· Jessie punching a girl in the face with FDR dressed as French fries
· Golnaz who left her “Cleats” on the field
· Being told by the pilot he would turn the plane around if the 40 rugby players standing in the last 5 rows would not sit down
· 20 ruggers slammed in the back of my Bronco going to the drink ups
· Living in the rugby house with 6 rugby boys, a bolted up kitchen, Astroturf floor and fly trips in the living room…




Pic – some of the ruggers at my wedding last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment